Great Lakes Region Announcements
- Great Lakes Region Fundraiser Announcement, September 7, 2017
- As you may have heard the 2022 CFA Annual will be held in Louisville, KY. The Great Lakes Region will be responsible for earning funds to assist with the annual. The task has been given to the fund raising committee from our Regional Director to build the regional coffer for the 2022 Annual to $20,000. This is to cover the cost of Delegate bags, production of the Annual pins, and hospitality at the Annual. We would like to start this effort immediately so that we have ample time to raise these funds.
A fund raising committee has been formed that consists of members from various states within the Great Lakes Region. We have come up with some fund raising ideas and one of them is where you and your clubs come into play.
The 2022 CFA Annual fund raising committee would like to raffle off a gift basket containing $500.00 in assorted gift cards and $500.00 in cash. The gift cards will be in amounts of $25.00 and up and the money will be provided by the Great Lakes Region. This is where we need your help!
We are respectfully requesting that each Great Lakes Region Club purchase a gift card of any type in the amount of $25.00 or higher if at all possible and donate it to the fund raising committee for this raffle. These can be from stores such as Walmart, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Pet Smart, eateries, or any gift card that can be readily used in the United States. We would love to see a large variety of cards for this basket. PLEASE purchase gift cards with no expiration date. If your club would prefer to donate cash (check) in lieu of a gift card, that is certainly appreciated. We are offering this to clubs initially and after that we will open this opportunity up to all Region 4 exhibitors.
Cash donations can be sent to the Great Lakes Regions' PAYPAL account. The PAYPAL account id is GreatLakesofcfa@gmail.com. Please make a notation on your donation that is is for the fundraising gift card basket.
Clubs who purchase a gift card or wish to mail a check instead of a gift card (Made out to the Great Lakes Region) should mail that to :
P.O. Box 25
Northville, MI 48167
The committee will begin selling tickets for this basket within the next couple of months and the drawing will be held in Atlanta at the 2018 CFA Annual.
Please help make this raffle a HUGE SUCCESS by donating a gift card or cash (check) today! We plan to sell tickets at the international show which is a little over 2 months away so please have your donations in to John Hiemstra by October 10, 2017.
Any questions, please contact Martha and she can answer them!
Great Lakes Region Fund Raising Committee
Betsy Arnold, Martha and Norman Auspitz, Kitty Barie, Nancy Grandison, Beth Hetzel, John Hiemstra, Nannette Schindler, Wilma VanScoyk
- Regional Meeting, July 8, 2017
- A Great Lakes regional meeting will be held at the Triple Crown Cat Fanciers Cat show on Saturday July 8, 2017 at Lexington, Kentucky. Time: approximately noon.
- Regional Meeting, January 21, 2017
- A Great Lakes regional meeting will be held at the Cleveland Persian Society show on January 21, 2017 at Parma, Ohio. Time: approximately noon.
- Discount Admission Coupon
- Regional Meeting, July 23, 2016
- A Great Lakes regional meeting will be held at the Motor City Jazz Club / Midwest Persian Tabby Fanciers show on July 23, 2016 at Taylor, Michigan. Time TBA.
- Divine Felines: Cats of Ancient Egypt - June 18-September 11, 2016
- Coming to Cincinnati, Ohio - "Divine Felines: Cats of Ancient Egypt” at the Cincinnati Art Museum. FREE admission.
- Ballots for Judge Selection for CFA International Show.
- Ballots have been emailed by CFA (May 25, 2016) to club secretaries for the second round of selection of judges for the CFA International Cat Show. Ballots must be submitted by the secretary on record at CFA's Central Office (CO). They may be emailed to Michelle Fergason at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to Michelle Fergason, The Cat Fanciers' Association, Inc., 260 East Main Street, Alliance, OH 44601. Be sure to write "CFA International Cat Show Ballot Enclosed" on the outside of the envelope, if mailed.
NOTE: Ballots must be RECEIVED in Central Office by Monday, June 13, 2016.
- Clerking School - June 18, 2016
- A Clerking School will be held in Northville, MI on Saturday, June 18th. Complete Information
- May, 2016 - Regional Youth Awards.
- The CFA Youth Feline Education Program has announced the regional winners for 2015-2016 show season! The Great Lakes Region is so proud of all that the youth of our region have accomplished this year, from volunteering at local animal shelters, reading books and writing reports, stewarding, helping in catteries, attending club meetings and annual meetings, giving presentations at cat shows and 4-H groups, and even running cats to regional wins!
1st - Edward Goatseay - Cubs Division
1st - Rebecca Gibson - Cats Division
1st - Hope Gibson - Seniors Division